| Police Dept.
| Fire Dept.
| City Hall
| Water Dept
| Public Works
Sugar Mound Arts & Crafts Festival - October 13-14
685 vendors of Arts, Crafts & Food. Sat. 9-6, Sun. 9-5 at the Linn County Fairgrounds. Downtown parade on Saturday at 10am. Shuttle buses run throughout event.
Village in the Valley - December 8
Mound City Historic Park, 5-8pm
Follow the lights to the Christmas Village. Vignettes, music, Santa treats, Nativity, Cookies fresh from the oven.
Other Fascinating Facts about Mound City:
* Cradle of the Border/Civil War Activities
* Home of the Original Jayhawkers
* Reconstruction of Colonel James Montgomery Cabin/Fort
* Western railhead of the Underground Railroad
* John Brown, abolishionist, wrote Parallels and planned Harper's Ferry Raid
* One of the original National Union Cemeteries
* 2nd Oldest Courthouse in Kansas still in use
* Oldest Kansas public library in continuous service
* Victorian Mainstreet
* Nostalgic Shopping
* Year Round Natural Beauty
* Wildlife and sporting opportunities
* Outstanding Annual Events bring thousands to our community of 850
Join us for part of the REAL experience of Southeast Kansas!
The Mound City Historical Society may be reached at
or by mail at:
P.O. Box 231
Mound City, KS 66056
A closer look at Mound City